SQL Server Analysis Performance Tool

• Hi all, I'm in the process of writing a tool to view the current SSAS performance, as well as issues from the cube itself related to loads, processing etc....

Which features would you like to see in such a tool?

Writing it for non-profit purposes so dont worry that I'll steal your ideas and get rich of it 😛

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• Maybe info about aggregations:

which one are build, how long does it take to build, which ones are actually used...

Maybe include hints about creating aggregations that do not yet exist, by analyzing the MDX statements used against the cube.

Anyway, good luck with your tool!

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Thanks Koen, appreciate your input!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply