SQL Server Agent - Scheduled Jobs Log

• Hello, Is there a SQL log somewhere that tracks date and changes made to a Scheduled Job?

What I am trying to is determine when a specific Stored Procedure has been commented out within a Scheduled Job Step.

My guess is that the logs will not be this detailed, but even Modification Dates would be very helpful.

• I don't think there is much auditing in msdb. You can run SELECT * FROM msdb.sys.tables to see if anything that catches your eye turns up.

What I found at a quick look is that sysjobs has a date_modified column, but sysjobssteps has not, and the change you talk about were made with the job step. I don't know if changing a job step only, updates sysjobs.date_modified, but you could make a test to find out.

[font="Times New Roman"]Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, www.sommarskog.se[/font]

• No auditing I know of for this. You could restore old backups as a new db and check the job status, using the data from Erland's post to decide which backup to restore.

For the future, you could set up an XE session to look for changes, but AFAIK, this isn't in the default trace(s) that run on SQL Server.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply