Sql Server Agent Job

• Hi,

How can we find the recent modification to a job.

I saw there is two different schedules for one job. For both of those, starting times are different. How can we find anyone enabled the scheduled time again for that particular job?

I use the query

use msdb;

GO

select name, date_modified, enabled ,*from sysjobs where name='JobName' but it is not showing anything

• Hi Ramana,

Without reading the transaction log and/or log backups (which may be impossible, if msdb is set to the default simple recovery), I am not sure there is a way to get that data.

IF that is the case you have things you can do going forward like setting up logging.

Hope that helps clarify.

Jeremy

• Yes. MSDB is in simple recovery model only.

How the recovery model and job updates are related here. I am thinking Recovery models are useful in restoring scenarios

• i_amhers (9/10/2014)

Hi Ramana,

Without reading the transaction log and/or log backups (which may be impossible, if msdb is set to the default simple recovery), I am not sure there is a way to get that data.

IF that is the case you have things you can do going forward like setting up logging.

Hope that helps clarify.

Jeremy

There's a tool called ApexSQL Log reader that can read logs. There use to be one called Lumigent - but I dont know if that still exists. Forgot to mention Lightspeed also has a log reader, the version 5.x we have is not as good as ApexSQL Log reader for Auditing.

FYI - I don't work for any of those companies just based on the support/eval of products mentioned.

--------------------------------------------------
    ...0.05 points per day since registration... slowly crawl up to 1 pt per day hopefully 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply