SQL Server Agent Failing After Windows Shutdown

• Hi All~

Where I work, we have Azure SQL Server that we are connecting to through SSMS.  I have created several SQL Server Agent Jobs, using my own login as a Proxy.  These jobs run a VBS Script (using a command line) that uploads data into our db, creates reports, and moves and manipulates files and folders in our own file structure.  These jobs have been very effective and become business critical.

Recently we have had issues where these jobs start failing.  When this happens it is preceded by this error in our logs:

[130] SQLSERVERAGENT stopping because of Windows shutdown.

And Then this-

[396] An idle CPU condition has not been defined - OnIdle job schedules will have no effect

SQLServerAgent restarts itself, but then any job that uses the Proxy fails with this error:

Executed as user: MYCOMPANY\MYUSERNAME. The process could not be created for step 1 of job 0x71B5B207153BF449AF4ABE2E6C9739A9 (reason: A required privilege is not held by the client). The step failed.

This has happened twice in the last month.  Previously we were able to fix the issue by simply re-starting SQL Server Agent and/or SQL Server itself.  But this doesn't seem to be working anymore. We have tried changing the credentials of the Proxy, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks Again.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply