SQL Server agent Event ID 208...

• We have a DTS package on one of our local SQL 2000 servers that runs just fine when we right click and execute.  But when we try to use the SQL Server agent it chokes with the following message.  Any Ideas?

SQL Server Scheduled Job 'ResultsUpdate 11' (0x10A34E00AE34C9478FAB00FD3EAB7B90) - Status: Failed - Invoked on: 2004-03-30 08:37:00 - Message: The job failed. Unable to determine if the owner (DOMAIN\Administrator) of job ResultsUpdate 11 has server access (reason: Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'DOMAIN\Administrator'. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 8198)).

• The windows account wich runs the sql server agent service is admin?

Wich is the owner of the job? You should change it to sa, so the job will be run under that context

• I change the authenication in the design of the package from windows to sql using the SA account.  Under Enterprise Manager the DTS package still lists Owner as domain\administrator...

Is there a way to change this I don't know....?

Do I need to change the SQL Agent logon as well?

Thanks for the Advice

• You can change the owner of the job in SQL Server Agent. That's what racosta is referring to. In EM >> Expand the server >> Expand Management >> Expand SQL Server Agent >> Click on Jobs >> right-click on the job and choose Properties (this will be in the right-pane) >> Change the owner and click OK.

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply