SQL Server 2016 training

• Hello Geeks,

I would need a detailed course contents for SQL Server 2016 training. Maybe it can focus more on the new features. I had seen the Microsoft datasheet on the same but unable to prepare a training course content with detailed labs.

If any of you have already prepared anything of this sort and willing to share would be really great.

Thanks,

• As you can imagine there is no released official MOC yet and with the product still months away from release with many changes potentially still going on before even an RTM release, so it would be hard to say what to look at.

I would personally look at the 2012/2014 MOC's and train on them and then when the 2016 MOC comes out, just apply the differences.

• Just so I'm clear, you want someone to give you the contents for a course, along with demo code, labs for people to do? I get the impression from your post that you're looking for a training course to give to others, not one to take yourself.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Well, partly correct. I would want the course contents for the training that i would like to give to others. However, i have the majority of them included and obviously i am focussing more in terms of new features or enhancements added to the latest version of SQL 2016.

But still wanted to take opinions of the experts here.

• To be utterly blunt, that's days worth of work that you're asking people to give you for nothing. Prepping training courses takes a lot of time. Prepping labs takes even more. A one day training course can easily take 2 weeks to put together.

If you want the new features, take a look at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb500435.aspx. You can also download a CTP and test the various features out to get a feel for how they work.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I am over-whelmed with all those new features - looks like I will have to book couple days off work to play around with it.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply