SQL server 2016 SP1 CU5 shows incompletely installed shared features

• Hi,
    i have installed SQL server 2016 Enterprise Edition in one of production server. I installed the below method

SQL Server 2016-->SSMS-->SP1-->CU5. But

SQL server 2016 SP1 CU5 installation is successful and no error inside the installation log.

For Validation purpose we run the CU5 setup again and noticed the below upgrade status for shared feature shows incompletely installed.

Any one help on this.

• Did you reboot the server after installing CU5?

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

• yes. I restarted.

• I've not seen that before without any errors in the logs.  When you look at the SQL Setup log, does it give any indication of what was updated?  And using that, can you tell what failed to update?
    What happens if you run through the setup again?  Does it let you update the shared features that failed in the initial install?

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply