SQL Server 2016 DBA Training

• daniel.dolan - Thursday, March 9, 2017 7:07 AM

I recently took a 1 week bootcamp with Certification Camps in Sarasota, FL. All inclusive package including airfare, ground transportation, and testing. I recommend them, although being in the USA it s probably out of your range. 

Be aware that as of this time, 70-765 is live, but 70-764 is still in beta. I am waiting on the results for that one.

Do you have a link to go along with your recommendation?  I've got a couple of folks that may be interested in such a thing.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Jeff,
    I worked with Brenda at http://www.certificationcamps.com  My instructor was Suzy Moore. It was a small class (only 3 of us), and she was flexible to make sure we got what we needed both for the test, and to take back to the "real world"

Dan

• Thanks, Daniel.  I'll look into it.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• ChrisM@Work - Thursday, March 9, 2017 2:26 AM

NorthernSoul - Thursday, March 2, 2017 7:40 AM

Have a look at QA too, they look to have some locations close to Portsmouth. I've done a few courses with them and they are good. I found their online course wasn't as well set up as Learning Tree.

Thanks

Our entire team of DBA's and devs are sitting a two-day course with Mark from QA today and tomorrow, upping to 2016. Verdict after the course.

Course10986B "Updating Your Skills to SQL Server 2016".
    Tailored to our requirements and lasting two of the three days for the full course.
    Absolutely amazing. We learned a ton of incidental useful stuff and even identified which replication topology to use for our next architecture change. Mark has a Radar-like ability to sniff out knowledge gaps and fills them with the ease brought on by years of experience in the subject.
    Top notch training, highly recommended.

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• ChrisM@Work - Monday, March 13, 2017 2:35 AM

ChrisM@Work - Thursday, March 9, 2017 2:26 AM

NorthernSoul - Thursday, March 2, 2017 7:40 AM

Have a look at QA too, they look to have some locations close to Portsmouth. I've done a few courses with them and they are good. I found their online course wasn't as well set up as Learning Tree.

Thanks

Our entire team of DBA's and devs are sitting a two-day course with Mark from QA today and tomorrow, upping to 2016. Verdict after the course.

Course10986B "Updating Your Skills to SQL Server 2016".
    Tailored to our requirements and lasting two of the three days for the full course.
    Absolutely amazing. We learned a ton of incidental useful stuff and even identified which replication topology to use for our next architecture change. Mark has a Radar-like ability to sniff out knowledge gaps and fills them with the ease brought on by years of experience in the subject.

Thanks Chris.

• ChrisM@Work - Monday, March 13, 2017 2:35 AM

That is high praise there.Those are the kind of comments trainers and speakers like to hear.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply