SQL server 2016 build - Polybase/Minimum requirements

• Hi Folks,

I have a requirement to build a test SQL 2016 box. We need to utilize polybase feature to archive data from on-prem to Hadoop/Azure Blob Storage/Azure SQL datawarehouse.

* Any suggestions on selecting the right edition of SQL 2016 (Ent/Std)

* What is scale-out configuration(enterprise edition) & Compute node only(standard edition)?

* What are the minimum requirements for a test instance (Memory & CPU) with the above feature.

Many thanks!

• Did you read this page? Explains compute node/head node differences at least.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thank Phil. If we don't want scale-out feature, should I go with standard edition of SQL?

• SQL!$@w$0ME (8/9/2016)

Thank Phil. If we don't want scale-out feature, should I go with standard edition of SQL?

I don't have practical experience of this – only what I have read – so I am hoping that someone who knows better than I will advise you.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• SQL!$@w$0ME (8/8/2016)

Hi Folks,

I have a requirement to build a test SQL 2016 box. We need to utilize polybase feature.

* Any suggestions on selecting the right edition of SQL 2016 (Ent/Std)

* What is scale outscale-out configuration(enterprise edition) & Compute node only(standard edition)?

* What are the minimum requirements for a test instance (Memory & CPU) with the above feature.

Many thanks!

Quick question, what is the intended use for the PolyBase?

😎

• Quick question, what is the intended use for the PolyBase?

Planning to archive data from on-prem to Hadoop/Azure Blob Storage/Azure SQL datawarehouse.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply