SQL server 2016 Alwayson 3 node cluster issue

• Hello experts,

i have a 3 node cluster setup in Alwayson sql server 2016

N1                                       N2                                              N3

primary  ------------------->  secondary  ---------------------->  secondary   

synchronous                                synchronous

due to some severe issue on the machines N1 and N2 are completely inaccessible, now N3 is only accessible and it has two DBs which are showing 'recovery pending'.

now i want is to delete DBs and restore new DBs from backup to make DBs available. but i am not able to remove DBs from HA as well as it is not allowing me to delete, getting error says 

command : ALTER DATABASE dbNAME SET HADR OFF

ERROR: Could not process the operation. AlwaysOn Availability Groups replica manager is waiting for the host computer to start a Windows Server Failover Clustering (WSFC) cluster and join it. Either the local computer is not a cluster node, or the local cluster node is not online. If the computer is a cluster node, wait for it to join the cluster. If the computer is not a cluster node, add the computer to a WSFC cluster. Then, retry the operation.

please help..

• You have lost quorum and as such lost the cluster.  If you want to do things cleanly you will need to re-establish a quorum of some sort.

If the other two nodes are completely destroyed then you will need to force quorum and force a failover
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/availability-groups/windows/perform-a-forced-manual-failover-of-an-availability-group-sql-server

• Zeal-DBA - Wednesday, August 23, 2017 7:44 PM

Hello experts,

i have a 3 node cluster setup in Alwayson sql server 2016

N1                                       N2                                              N3

primary  ------------------->  secondary  ---------------------->  secondary   

synchronous                                synchronous

due to some severe issue on the machines N1 and N2 are completely inaccessible, now N3 is only accessible and it has two DBs which are showing 'recovery pending'.

now i want is to delete DBs and restore new DBs from backup to make DBs available. but i am not able to remove DBs from HA as well as it is not allowing me to delete, getting error says 

command : ALTER DATABASE dbNAME SET HADR OFF

ERROR: Could not process the operation. AlwaysOn Availability Groups replica manager is waiting for the host computer to start a Windows Server Failover Clustering (WSFC) cluster and join it. Either the local computer is not a cluster node, or the local cluster node is not online. If the computer is a cluster node, wait for it to join the cluster. If the computer is not a cluster node, add the computer to a WSFC cluster. Then, retry the operation.

please help..

are N1 and N2 still communicating with each other

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply