SQL Server 2012 Connection string not working now for client application...

• I have just installed 2012 SQL Server. All went well..

SQL Server 2012 is installed as the default instance as the client was running on an SQL Express 2008 edition.

Enabled using SQL Config manager Named Pipes Protocol as it defaults to Dis-abled.

Remote Connections is checked on in SQL Server by default and double checked it was on.

Stopped and Started the service

Then tried to launch the client application which worked fine on 2008 R2, but it keeps failing to connect.. I have tried an array of things in the conection string including the usual (local), localhost, the IP Address... etc.

I keep getting the same standard error: Database Error 2 ensure remote connections is enabled and the instance name is correct blah: Named Pipes provider error 40.

here is the connection string that is being used; connectionString="Data Source=(local);InitialCatalog=AssetManager;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Password=blah" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"

Is there something different in 2012 that needs to added to the connection string ? what am i missing, have checked on-line, nothing obvious to find...

• forgot to copy across the XML config file.. derrrrrr! closed! 🙂

• Check your firewall settings - it shud be either disabled or you shud allow SQL port in the firewall exception list.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply