SQL Server 2012 Always On Availability Group failed

• Hello Friends,

I am observing the below error on Primary node of Always On Availability Group and not able to get much information on the cause. Please help me in understanding the cause of this alert and what it will take to fix it. Every time this happens, SQL Databases won't be available for 10 to 15 seconds.

Cluster resource 'XXXXXXX' of type 'SQL Server Availability Group' in clustered role 'XXXXXXXXXX' failed.

Based on the failure policies for the resource and role, the cluster service may try to bring the resource online on this node or move the group to another node of the cluster and then restart it. Check the resource and group state using Failover Cluster Manager or the Get-ClusterResource Windows PowerShell cmdlet.

• You need to investiage the errors associated with that role failure (and depending on that role failure it could be significant, or a red herring). You don't mention whether it is disk failure, listener failure, network failure, or some other resource.

Look through the Windows and Cluster event logs to see what happens around the time of those failures. And you will probably need to dump the cluster logs and read through those.

Shamless self promotion - read my blog http://sirsql.net

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply