SQL Server 2008R2 SP3 Internal Memory error

• Running 2008R2 SP3 (64bit) with an 8GB memory max.

One if our Applications is failing with this error:

ERROR : (6784 | 6960) : (IS | INT_KOCPROD) : node01_KOCPROD : LM_36488 : Session task instance [s_DataSync_CNTCT_UPDT_MM2ING_STG_To_MQ] : [REP_12400 Repository Error (Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0: There is insufficient system memory in resource pool 'internal' to run this query.

SQL State: 42000 Native Error: 701

State: 123 Severity: 17

SQL Server Message: There is insufficient system memory in resource pool 'internal' to run this query.

Database driver error...

Function Name : Execute

SQL Stmt : SELECT DISTINCT T.TASK_ID, T.SUBJECT_ID FROM OPB_TASK T, OPB_SESSION S, OPB_VALIDATE V, OPB_MAPPING M, OPB_WIDGET_INST I, OPB_SRC R, OPB_USER_GROUP U WHERE T.IS_VISIBLE = ? AND T.TASK_ID = S.SESSION_ID AND T.VERSION_NUMBER = S.VERSION_NUMBER AND T.TASK_ID IN (345) AND T.TASK_TYPE = 68 AND U.ID = ? AND U.TYPE = 1 AND S.MAPPING_ID = M.MAPPING_ID AND (M.IS_VISIBLE <> 2 OR (M.IS_VISIBLE = 2 AND M.CHECKOUT_USER_ID = U.ID)) AND I.MAPPING_ID = M.MAPPING_ID AND I.VERSION_NUMBER = M.VERSION_NUMBER AND I.WIDGET_TYPE = 1 AND R.SRC_ID = I.WIDGET_ID AND V.SUBJECT_ID = R.SUBJ_ID AND V.OBJECT_TYPE = I.WIDGET_TYPE AND V.OBJECT_ID = R.SRC_ID AND V.VERSION_NUMBER = R.VERSION_NUMBER AND V.INV_UTC > T.UTC_LAST_SAVED AND V.INV_TYPE = 1 AND T.IS_VALID = 1 AND (R.IS_VISIBLE <> 2 OR (R.IS_VISIBLE = 2 AND R.CHECKOUT_USER_ID = U.ID)) )]

In the sql server log we are getting the following error:

There is insufficient system memory in resource pool 'internal' to run this query.

Error: 701, Severity: 17, State: 123.

Errors in the SQL Server log at the time of the failure attached:

Can anyone help?

• As a start, what is the instance's MAXMEM setting set to?

• Running 2008R2 SP3 (64bit) with an 8GB memory max. Available Memory on Server 40GB

• Ok, so you are only allowing Sql Server to use 8GB of the available 40GB on the server, is this correct?

• Correct.

• If Sql Server is the only thing running on the server (a dedicated server) - I would increase the MAXMEM to another higher value and then see if you still see the error. If you do, then you could start to focus your efforts on the query itself. With 40gb available, you could start out by increasing the value to 24576mb (24gb) and see if this changes anything.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply