SQL Server 2008 SSIS and SSMS

• I have a clustered default instance of SQL Server 2008 sp1 running on Windows Server 2008 R2.

Integration Services has been installed on both nodes of the cluster and configured as a cluster resource with the SQL Server cluster group. I have loaded SSIS packages to this instance of SQL Server 2008 in both the file system and MSDB. Although I can see these packages when scheduling them to run as jobs from SSMS, I cannot see them when I connect to SSIS in SSMS. I cannot even see the MSDB and File System directories under Stored Packages. This is true whether I connect from the server itself or remotely. I have a similar setup in SQL Server 2005 and I do not have any issues seeing the packages there.

I have modified the MsDtsSrvr.ini.xml file to indicate the cluster name as the Server Name and the Store Path as the location on a shared drive of the cluster where the packages are stored. I have moved this file to a location on the shared drive as well. I have also modified the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\100\SSIS\ServiceConfigFile setting to indicate the new location on the shared drive of the MsDtsSrvr.ini.xml file. I am connecting using an account with sysadmin privileges in SQL Server and administrator privileges on the server.

• I seemed to have solved the problem by restarting SSIS and SQL Server Agent. I thought I had at least re-started the SSIS service after making my changes, but maybe not after the last one. I'm not sure if it is necessary to restart SQL Server Agent, but that is something I am sure I didn't do previously.

Thanks,

😀

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply