SQL Server 2008 R2 is Sending too much Data through the network

• Sqlfrenzy (6/5/2013)

What if the GUI is connected through a different server/machine.. i.e. say from UAT/dev server. will the performance impact is same in this case?

Even worse.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Sqlfrenzy (6/5/2013)

SQL Geek (6/5/2013)

Hi SQLSACT, There is no wait only the CPu utilization is 90-100%.

do check which process is taking up high CPU.. is it sqlserver or any other process.

Have you had a look at the 2 articles on Simple Talk?

• Hi Sqlfrenzy, Its SQLServer which is consuming the CPU, I checked it on Resource Monitor.

• SQL Geek (6/5/2013)

Hi Sqlfrenzy, Its SQLServer which is consuming the CPU, I checked it on Resource Monitor.

Please have a look at those 2 articles I posted earlier - That should get you on your way.

• Hi SQL Geek,

read the two articles that GilaMonster gave, they will be the least invasive.

• Top tips on reducing CPU load

- Indexing really helps

- Check your SQL queries are efficient (do you need all the data, are the joins optimal)

- Moving queries in stored procs used to help

- Are you doing too many queries and then combining them in a web page script when maybe one query would do

- If it is many reads to one write then maybe consider doing a bit more calculation before saving the data if that is possible. (eg rather than writing a date and then always querying the day of the year, save the day of the year)

Hope this helps...

Matt Jones
    IT Support Analyst
    ITS | [http://www.theitsolution.co.uk/london-it-support-computer-repair/it-support-london.html]IT Support London[/url] | IT Support Chelsea

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply