SQL SERVER 2008 FAILOVER CLUSTERING

• hi folks,

We have planned for a two node fail over cluster where each nodes should have a instance of sql server 2008 running but with different database on each. Now I have Installed SQL Server on node1 by selecting the option "Sql Server 2008 failover cluster Installation" and on the second node node2 I have done "Add a node to sql server fail over cluster"

Now, On the second node node2. I am planning to do a full SQL Server Failover Cluster Installation ("Install sql server failover cluster Installation ") and then add node to it on the frst one (node1). ("add a node to the sql server failover cluster")

Is this right way to do?

each node have enough cluster resources.

• AK1516 (9/21/2010)

hi folks,

We have planned for a two node fail over cluster where each nodes should have a instance of sql server 2008 running but with different database on each. Now I have Installed SQL Server on node1 by selecting the option "Sql Server 2008 failover cluster Installation" and on the second node node2 I have done "Add a node to sql server fail over cluster"

Now, On the second node node2. I am planning to do a full SQL Server Failover Cluster Installation ("Install sql server failover cluster Installation ") and then add node to it on the frst one (node1). ("add a node to the sql server failover cluster")

Is this right way to do?

So you are setting up an active-active cluster configuration where each node acts as the failover node for the other node.

Looks OK to me...

__________________________________________________________________________________
    SQL Server 2016 Columnstore Index Enhancements - System Views for Disk-Based Tables[/url]
    Persisting SQL Server Index-Usage Statistics with MERGE[/url]
    Turbocharge Your Database Maintenance With Service Broker: Part 2[/url]

• AK1516 (9/21/2010)

hi folks,

Is this right way to do?

That is correct, its also a good idea to slipstream service pack 1 and save a bit of install time 😉

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply