SQL Server 2005 SP3

• SQL Server 2005 SP3

It just isn't available yet!

I can already hear you saying "But it must be coming any day now, right?"

Wrong

There are no current plans for releasing a new service pack for the very simple reason not enough people are asking for it.

So click in this link and vote for another SQL Server service pack!

**http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=326575

Oraculum

• Look everyone its working...please keep voting...a formal response from MS coming soon... vote vote vote!

Matthias Berndt wrote "YES" on 16/02/2008

Hello SQL Server community! Just wanted to let you know that your ask did not go unheard with the SQL Server development team. We do look at the highest voted suggestions on an ongoing basis. With SQL2008 coming to a close (don't miss the launch messages week after next together with WS08 and VS08!) we are actively planning our post 2008 projects. We will be able to get back to you in a few weeks with a formal statement regarding SP3.

Thanks, Matthias Berndt

SQL Server Release Services

Oraculum

• That is the lamest excuse from a company I have ever heard.

People to this day are buying SQL 2005 and Microsoft to this day are patching bugs. When I want to install a new server I dont want to have to go through and apply 100's of minor patches, etc. Give me a service pack which gives me the comfort that its the most secure and reliable install possible.

PS I voted yes 🙂

Cheers

Andrew

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply