Sql Server 2005 Packages to Sql Server 2014

• Hi,

I hope I'm in the right forum. I'm porting jobs from SQL Server 2005 R2 Enterprise ---> Sql Server 2014 Standard. That's easy enough - I simply script it across and change the couple of applicable paths.

The problem is though - one of the jobs makes reference to a package. I need to copy this across also. The problem is I don;t know how to do this exactly.

What I'm doing is this: I'm opening Integration Services using SSMS 2005 and viewing the various packages. I'm trying to export one (right mouse click -> export) but am getting this error message: "OLD DB Error 0x80004005 (Login timeout expired) etc..."

Assuming I can get this export error sorted - is this a good way to export the packages over? Any suggestions/comments/user-experience are most welcomed.

Thanking you,

J.

• I wish I had an answer but I've run into SSIS packages that were stored in MSDB and found the same issue. If the package is located in a folder on the server, you're in luck. If it's in MSDB, I've never been able to fix this but it might point you in the right direction.

You may have to re-create the package on the new server if it can't be exported. It might save time re-creating this rather than searching for a work around.

• Can you try opening them in BIDS not SSMS, then saving them to a dtsx file and working from there?

• Try this using powershell..here , first to file system from msdb and then copy over. When you open this package in 2012/2014, the package gets upgraded automatically and will tell you if there is any issues and that you may need to fix, else install backward compatibility tools and run as it is.

[font="Tahoma"]
    --SQLFRNDZ[/url]
    [/font]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply