SQl Server 2005 Clustering Installation

• Hi,

I am installing SQL Server 2005 (64-bit) Cluster on Windows 2003 server.Geeting the error "The specified Virtual Name already exists on the network.To Proceed, enter a unique virtual server name."

Server Details are below..

"The production database transaction cluster is USFKL11DB50CL at IP 15.4.234.30

The nodes in that cluster are

USFKL11DB50CN01 at IP 15.4.234.27; the service account ID and password is _________________;

USFKL11DB50CN02 at IP 15.4.234.29; the service account ID and password is _________________

One node is active; the other passive. At this time _________________ is active.

The database name is USFKL11DB50CI01 at IP 15.4.234.84"

I logged in to the server USFKL11DB50CN01 and started installating SQL Server 2005 Cluster.I have selected Default Installation and after that getting the Virtual server name error as mention above.Please let me know which virtual server name, that i need to select at this time.

Thanks in advance,

Vamshi.

• Looks like your cluster has already an IP Address resource and a Network Name resource.

If this is the case, delete the resources and let the setup create them.

EDIT: Wait a minute... Are you installing a new cluster or are there other virtual servers on that cluster?

-- Gianluca Sartori

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply