SQL Server 2000 Useful undocumented stored procedures

• Comments posted to this topic are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/achigrik/sql2000.asp

• Always great to see undocumented stored procs featured.  I will most certainly be using a few of these.

Thanks for the great atricle

• Old news. This stuff has been beat to death and is all over the net. I guess it's not your fault though. I would have to indirectly blame Microsoft as it's been so long, 5 years, since we've seen anything major in the Microsoft SQL Server area.

• Thanks for the article!  Sure, I could search all over the internet for this stuff, but it's nice to see it all in one place with examples, too.   I'm already using a few of them and it's going to make my job a lot easier!

• Nicely laid out, good explanations, and the examples make it complete!

• MAN! cdeaton you sure are a "glass-half-empty" kind of person. Maybe just having a cynical day? Cheers to you.

Article was great. Nice to have everything listed together, with examples and all! sp_who2 is already a favorite.

-- Mark K.

• Nice article. It really does not matter if things are all over the internet. I appreciate you taking the time and writting the article. I am sure atleast one of the reader may have not know about it and you increase their level of knowledge. Keep writing.

Amit

Kindest Regards,

Amit Lohia

• I cannot express how much I appreciate this article...  Being relatively new to the world of SQL Server 2000, I find this information very useful and valuable.  Keep up the good work!

• Its really very nice and usefull for all . keep posting such valuable things.

• Returning Newbie,

These are great but I was looking for one that I had used frequently years ago when I worked full time on sql server 2000, 7.0 and 6.5. it was something like

sp_relink_xxx it was used to relink a user id when you tried to drop or remove a userid but it didn't do it properly. it would show that the userid was removed but when you tried to recreate the user id. you would get an error that it already existed. I've since then lost and restarted at another company and am just now beginning to get a little sql server into the shop. Does anyone remember this stored procedure?

• I think you are looking for

http://vyaskn.tripod.com/troubleshooting_orphan_users.htm

Kindest Regards,

Amit Lohia

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply