SQL Server 2000 Install

• I worked on a SQL Server 7 to 2000 upgrade last weekend, which failed with this error:

ordinal 105 could not be located in the dynamic link library opends60.dll.

I found only two references to that exact error in newsgroups, with a few more of a similar error:

ordinal 105 could not be located in the dynamic link library _________"

There were no solid answers regarding the error; one suggested the problem lay with the current SQL 7 installation, the second suggested a possible conflict between currently running services and the SQL server upgrade processes.

I've checked Microsoft's site, and that is the open data services dll. I've done the recommended troubleshooting of the MDAC setup, and the tests succeeded; the datasetup.log indicates a successful install.

I removed SQL Server 2000, reinstalled SQL 7, and restored from backups.

Any ideas for my next attempt?

• Try REGSRV32 on the dll with -u and regular to reset it in the registry.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• Thanks for responding.

Removing the dll from the registry and then re-registering it was actually one of the first things I tried..

• Unfortunately like you I find nothing else on this either. I was just taking the standard stab.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply