SQL Scripts in SSMS

• gentilep 14970 (5/15/2014)

I installed the plug-in and logged in to SQL Server Central but I don't see the "Add to Favorites" button all I see is the "Open" button

Pete Gentile

Hi,

When you open the script in a new query window, is there a new header at the top of the query window that contains an 'Add to Favorites' and 'Discuss' buttons?

Thanks,

Kevin

• PrismElixir (5/15/2014)

I cannot login. It doesn't recognize my credentials. I changed my password and it still didn't help.

Any ideas on what to try next?

Paul

// Edit: SQL Server 2012

Hey,

Thanks for trying out SQL Scripts, sorry it hasn't worked for you. Would you mind emailing me directly at kevin.boyle@red-gate.com and I can try and walk you through a few debugging techniques.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Yes there is "Add to favorites" and "Discuss" - I tried the "Add to favorites" and it worked - thanks for you help!

Yes there is "Add to favorites" and "Discuss" - I tried the "Add to favorites" and it worked - thanks for you help!

No problem. To help understand your first instincts and help us make the tool better, can you tell me where you were looking for the 'Add to Favorites'?

Thanks,

Kevin

• I get the email from SQL Server Central every day and when I clicked on "SQL Scripts in SSMS" in Featured Contents the article shows an "Add to Favorites" button under "Script out Passwords" next to the "Open" button so that's where I was looking for it.

Pete

I get the email from SQL Server Central every day and when I clicked on "SQL Scripts in SSMS" in Featured Contents the article shows an "Add to Favorites" button under "Script out Passwords" next to the "Open" button so that's where I was looking for it.

Pete

Ah I see! I may have supplied our editor with a slightly newer build than we have available for download. We will be releasing another build soon that is built from the open source project https://github.com/red-gate/sql-scripts , which will have this fix and a few other good ones in there too.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Fantastic job. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

• Any plans to update this Addin for MS SQL Server 2016, 2017 and so on? 🙂

• No plans right now. We're updating the main site in a few ways, and that will change some APIs. Once that's done, I'll see about what can be done here.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply