SQL RML Utilities OSTRESS Error

• Hi, I was wondering if anyone out there is familiar with the Microsoft RML Utility called OSTRESS?

The target server was SQL 2008 64bit Enterprise Single Node cluster on Windows 2008 Server and all worked fine.

It was then upgraded to SQL 2008 R2 64 Bit Enterprise. The tests still worked fine.

The server then had all SQL Server services \ program files uninstalled and re-installed with SQL 2008 64 bit Enterprise to revert back to the original configuration.

Now when running the tests we get this error all the time:

RPC parameter 1 at global sequence 50825558 specifies a type (ODBC SQL type=-9, SQL Server type=nvarchar(max)) that is not supported by either the ODBC driver or SQL Server version. Use an ODBC driver or a SQL Server server version which supports this datatype. This command will be skipped.

We use 3 client servers to run the ostress replay against the target simultaneously, I have ruled these out as the source of the problem as we have done the above upgrade \ downgrade to 7 servers and only this particular server has the issue. My suspicion is the ODBC drivers installed on the SQL Server Target, but I'm not really sure how to check these against a working server.

Any help appreciated.

MCITP SQL 2005, MCSA SQL 2012

• How to: Check the ODBC SQL Server Driver Version (Windows)

SQL Server 2008 R2

Your computer may contain a variety of ODBC drivers, from Microsoft and from other companies. Use the Windows ODBC Data Source Administrator to version of the view the drivers installed.

To check the ODBC SQL Server driver version (32-bit ODBC)

In the ODBC Data Source Administrator, click the Drivers tab.

Information for the Microsoft SQL Server entry is displayed in the Version column

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms181099.aspx

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply