SQL Reports 2008 with C# 3.5

• Hi ,

Currently i am working on a application which is developed using DOT NET 1.1 on Visual Studio 2003 . we are having Reports also. we are currently handling the reports as

we are using Visual Studio 2005 for Reporting services.

from asp.net 1.1 we are redirecting to reporting server in another iframe.

we have a separate solution for reports which is located on different DB Server

and report manager is located on DB Server, we will upload all our reports (rdl) here.

Now we are planning to migrate the application to VS 2008 by re writing the code. So i am looking here for information on how to approach for latest SQL Reports ?

we are even ready to go SQL 2008, only if it is stabilized and ready to use. Basically i need

1) what are the pros and cons with new Reporting servers

2) What are the tools need to use ( VS 2008 / SQL 2008 )

3) What are the controls need use , where i can consume 3.5 features like LINQ & etc...

Thanks in advance

• Can any one please provide the information on this

Thank You

• Hi,

I'm not sure this is all the information you need, but:

I was using Reporting Services in VS2005 w/SQL Server 2005 in a Winforms solution. I migrated the solution to VS2008 with no problems and no changes to the reports required. I am still using SQL Server 2005.

I have not been able to figure out how to use any .Net features in Reporting Services, although I know there is some sort of code feature that lets you create and run .Net code. I haven't spent more than a minute looking at this "Code" feature, though, as I haven't needed to. I would imagine that to make use of .Net 3.5 features you do it the same way as you made use of any .Net 1.1 or 2.0 features - using this Reporting Services Code feature.

Hope this is helpful.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply