SQL Reporting Bundle

• Hi,

Iam very new to sql reporting services,please find the below questions let me know it is possible or not ?

1)Integrating multiple reports into a single package.

2)Scheduling a package?

After scheduleing if i execute the reports daily i need to change the report name .

Package 1

:Report 1

:Report 2

Daily iam executing the above package at 1.00 AM,i am moving the report1 to a different server on 1st aug ,i need to give the report name as Report 1 1St August,on 2nd Aug Report 1 2nd August.

Thanks

• Not directly, but you have a couple of options.

First, if you want to literally do what you are suggesting, you could create your own SQL job to do this. When you schedule a report, a SQL Agent job is created to run the report. You could modify the scheduled job to run all of your reports and then copy of move the output of these reports to another server and rename them.

However, if I understand what you are trying to do, you have the option in reporting services to create report snapshots. These are stored on the report server and can be accessed through report manager. You also have shared schedules.

So, using these options, you could run all of your reports from a single shared schedule and have snapshots created that your users could access at any time through the web interface rather than collecting spreadsheets or pdf files on a file server.

Look at report snapshots in books online.

• Thank u ,

I want to do the things by using asp.net and Sql Reporting services APIS.

I need to develop a webpage where the users can integrate multiple reports in to one package.That package can be schedule daily at morning 7 o clock.

That package which consits lot of reports has to execute morning at 7 o clock and it has to delivery to the customer.

My Question :

1)In which database or tables i need to enter the records for schedling a package

2)Whether this thing is possible or not?

3)What APIS is need to use

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply