SQL replication error.

• Hi

I´m having two SQL server cluster ( lets say A and B. 🙂 ) with a number of instances ( lets say A1, A2,.. , B1,B2...)  in two different sites.

I want to replicate A\A1 database Test to server B\B1 database Test and server  B\B1 database test2 to server A\A1 database Test2 ( hope it is not totally confusing 🙂 )

I´m have setup an replication running from server A\A1, database Test  to server B\B1 database Test with no problem.

When I do the same setup on server B\B1 database test2  to server A\A1 database test2 , both the publish step and subscription works fine but when i look in Replication monitor I see this error on the agent:

I´ve tried to find out why but with no luck ..  I can see that the table MSreplication_subscriptions doesn´t exist. Haven´t found any error saying why it couldn´t be created.

I have checked that the connection works between the servers. The same firewall ports is open between them.

The set up of the  accounts running the replication is the same on both servers

The accounts have the same access to the snapshot area.

What have I missed  ?? why is it working one way but not the other .....

Regards

Jonas

• Can you post SQL version and patch number. I might know what is going on, share the output of select @@version

• Doh !! how could I missed that ! 🙂

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 (RTM-CU23) (KB5030333) - 15.0.4335.1 (X64) Sep 21 2023 17:28:44 Copyright (C) 2019 Microsoft Corporation Standard Edition (64-bit) on Windows Server 2019 Standard 10.0 <X64> (Build 17763: ) (Hypervisor)

I just saw a typo.. the non working replication is from server B/B2.. not B/B1...

/Jonas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply