SQL replication between two datacenters.

• Currently I am working on a SQL replication between two datacenters. Say server A and Server B.

After opening the port on which the SQL services are running I am able to do ODBC connection from server A to server B.

But Iam not able to open the instance of B from A using Management Studio. It's giving server "Does not allow remote connection" error message. Also I am not able to find out server B from the network server list of Server A (in the management studio).

Any suggestions?

• Are servers in same domain?

• If you're able to ping the target server, open sql server surface area configuration, click on "Surface Area configuration for services and connections" and then click on remote connections. Select Local and Remote connections.

Try this out and let us know if it works.

Pradeep Singh

• So check and be sure that TCP/UDP 1433 and 1434 are open. I think UDP 1434 is the browser to enable you do connect.

If you can make an ODBC connection, I'd think that TCP 1433 is open. Can you open a query window and connect?

• The SQL server services is running on the TCP port 1113. We opened the port and after that only we are able to do ODBC connection.

I found that the Browser service (process ) is running in UDP 1434.

Please clarify whether I need to open both the port 1433 and 1434?

Also is it the only thing that I am missing?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply