SQL Query failing with error - SSMS 2017

• One of sql query in SSMS 2017 failing due to below error : An error occurred while executing batch.
    Error message is: Internal connection fatal error.
    Error state: 15, Token : 0 . I am trying to do a select * from a table which is having 266307 records . I put down an extended event on the session and the query fails , the wait type captured by extended event is network_io , is it necessary means i need to engage network engineer or there are few things which i can check further from database end , any suggestions ? SQL version is 2016

• Abhishekdwivedi798 - Tuesday, October 16, 2018 8:19 PM

One of sql query in SSMS 2017 failing due to below error : An error occurred while executing batch.
    Error message is: Internal connection fatal error.
    Error state: 15, Token : 0 . I am trying to do a select * from a table which is having 266307 records . I put down an extended event on the session and the query fails , the wait type captured by extended event is network_io , is it necessary means i need to engage network engineer or there are few things which i can check further from database end , any suggestions ? SQL version is 2016

Is it a single table or any table in the database in question?

• all queries , when i RDP the host and run the query it runs fine but when i run from outside SSMS it fails with this error so maybe network glitch ?

• Abhishekdwivedi798 - Tuesday, October 16, 2018 11:14 PM

all queries , when i RDP the host and run the query it runs fine but when i run from outside SSMS it fails with this error so maybe network glitch ?

Check to be sure the instance is configured to accept remote connections.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply