SQL Query / Data export applications

• I'm in search of applications (or asp.net controls) that let me query and export data from sql server.

The thing is, I did a search some months back and found all kinds of tools.

Now, either I'm using the wrong search text in google or they no longer exist !

I recall seeing one that showed the tables and columns (and knows of the joins as defined within database diagrams) and lets the user select the columns they need, set the criteria, search for and display the data, then export tp csv / Excel. the app was about $250; can't recall if it was an app or ASP.NE control.

If y'all have any tools (whole apps or ASP.NET controls) which allow search and export of data from a SQL database (we have SQL Server 2000 and 2005), a reply would be GREATLY appreciated. I'll be instantly notified as I'm subscribed to this post.

Thank you!

• That sounds a lot like something that could be done quite easily with Reporting Services. That comes with SQL Server.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• 2 items:

1) We have SQL Server Express 2005, which doesn't have Reporting Services; the database(s) are in both 2000 (Workgroup) and 2005 (Express)

2) I'm in a bind wherein I don't have the time to develop a custom solution, which is why I'm putting out a query as to Off-the-Shelf solutions.

thx!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply