So far there have been two reoccurring problems caused by the instructions assuming there is a local instance.
An "OLE DB error" on step 7.1.3 when clicking preview
Cause: The Variable SRV_Conn is not set with a value of an existing instance.
Retrieving the same databases from the same server
Cause: OLE DB Source container referencing the wrong connection. The connection should be MultiServer
Until I can get the article's instructions changed, please substitute these instructions in the article
Data Type: String
Value: (local) or server\instance name
* The instance name where the SQL_Overview Database is
Collect Database Status Container
1. OLE DB connection manager: MultiServer
2. Change Data access mode to SQL Command
3. SQL Command Text: See article
4. Click Preview to verify the SQL and then click Close when done
5. Click OK