SQL -> Oracle Linked Server DTC Error

• Dear Team,

I am migrating from SQL 2008 to SQL 2014 for one of my app's.I have a SQL -> Oracle (12 G) linked server on my SQL box which works alright in SQL-2008.But same linked server on SQL 2014, gives me below error.

I am using below sample style.

begin tran

Execute (<query>) at LINKDB

rollback tran;

If I am running simple select queries under transaction, it works. Update queries does not work, though same works on SQL-2008.

Error:

OLE DB provider "OraOLEDB.Oracle" for linked server "LINKDB" returned message "Unable to enlist in the transaction.".The operation could not be performed because OLE DB provider "OraOLEDB.Oracle" for linked server "LINKDB" was unable to begin a distributed transaction.

P.S: RPC settings & Enable Promotion of Dist transaction are set to True

Any pointers on this would be helpful

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Try running these commands at the command prompt on the new server:

msdtc -uninstall

msdtc -install

Then restart the SQL Server Service

• When using the Oracle client, make  sure to install Oracle Services for Microsoft Transaction Server

Installing Oracle Services for Microsoft Transaction Server

Sue

• Thanks a lot, we found this was missing in our  SQL-2014 box. We are trying to Install the OraMTS component.

• Dear All,

For everyone. We resolved this issue by installing oraMTS service. To check if it's installed. Go to services.msc and check oraMTS Recovery service is running.

After Installation, make sure to restart SQL Services.

• Glad it's all working now - and thanks a lot for following up and posting back. It really helps when people do that.

Sue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply