Sql Native Client ODBC Driver issues

• I am using and odbc connection to sql server 2005. I was able to successfully configure two servers. However the 3rd server is throwing an error.

Connection failed:

SQLState: '08001'

SQL Server Error: 87

[Micorsoft][SQL Native Client]Named Pipies Provider: Invalid parameter(s) found[87],

Connection Failed:

SQLState: 'HYT00'

Sql Server Error: 0

[Micorsoft][SQL Native Client]Login timeout expired

Connection failed:

SQLState: '08001'

[Micorsoft][SQL Native Client]An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. when connection to SQL Sever 2005, this failure maybe caused by the fact that under the default settings SQLServer does not allow remote connections.

I checked to make sure the it allowed connections and changed the remote connections to include both tcp/ip and named pipes.

I can't find anything online that has helped. HELP!!! 🙂

• I've had the "connection timeout expired" happen because of misnaming the server in the connection string. I've also had it happen because the network between the two servers was horribly slow (trans-continental in that case). I think I've seen it happen when a login had access to the server, but was misconfigured in the database.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Thanks for the info 🙂

For some reason the server I was configuring the odbc connection had an issue resolving the dns name. So in the server name in the odbc configuration manager I fully qualified the path :

\\servername.host.com\instancename

Thanks for 😛

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply