SQL MAIL - URGENT

• when i run xp_readmail getting the following error

xp_readmail: failed with operating system error 80 [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 18024)

It was working fine for almost two years. We have SQL SERVER 2000 with SP3 on WIN2K SP 4.

Any help would be appriciate.

Thanks in advance.

• Have any changes/upgrades been performed on your Exchange server?

Good Hunting!

AJ Ahrens

webmaster@kritter.net

• Thanks for your reply: I don't know about exchange server but am able to open outlook and see the new messages.

• If the exchange server was becomes unavailable, SQL Mail has a tendencyto get "stuck". Usually restarting the service fixes the problem, but sometimes you need to reboot the whole server.

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• I have rebooted the whole server still getting same error.

• What version of Outlook are you using?

--------------------

• Outlook 2000

• Are you able to upgrade to Outlook 2002?

I did a google search and found a similar problem where MS support suggested the upgrade and it fixed the problems.

--------------------

• I have the same problems since years. The error 80  occures when someone sends a message with html-contents. I delete this message in outlook and then it works. I didn't found any solution. But maybe this is a hint.

• Hmmm ... not up to speed on the changes between Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2002. Would it be likely that Outlook 2002 handles HTML email differently?

--------------------

• Any attachmentst to the email that may be blowing up size? Had something similair when Exhange didn't like anything greater than 1 Mb

• I did not do any thing but it started working again. Any ideas why?

Thanks in advance.

• Use xp_smtp_sendmail

Ionel

• I second the call to use xp_smtp_sendmail. since implementing at our site we've had no problems at all.

--------------------

• I also get the same error message, but i have found why it gives.

1. because the xp_readmail has problems reading HTML messages with some background image attached to it.

2. because the xp_readmail has problems reading Emails with Inline attachments in Outlook 2000.

My Questions is

As i read in this post i am now going to try to upgrade outlook to 2002 but was wondering would it be better upgrade straight from outlook 2000 to outlook 2003 ?

Thanks a millon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply