SQL mail and Certificates in Active directory

• Hi all

i have been trying to set up mail on a 2008 R2 64 bit box.

Simple mail to my local domain works. But i need to set up mail from another domain.

I have a username and password for the account but there is also a Certificate in active directory for connection to the be established.

When using IE to navigate to the server it will retrive the cert from active directory and then i login with the username and password.

When i have tried to set this up in SQL i am at a bit of a loss for how i should set up the connection.

I just keep getting this back from SQL mail

The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 2 (2012-03-13T10:37:05). Exception Message: Could not connect to mail server. (No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 999.999.999.999:587).

It is getting out to the remote server as the ip is correct but the impression i get is that SQL is not retrieving the CERT from active directory.

Can anyone tell me how i link the CERT into SQL. If i have to?

Thanks in advance

• I have also made sure that the agent and server accounts both have visibility of the cert by logging onto the box and checking mmc to see if the certs were there.

Also i tried changing the msdb owner to my SQL service login which is an administrator. This did not help.

Any pointers with this would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply