SQL Mail

• I installed an Outlook MAPI account for the login of the Sql server service but when selecting the SQL Mail profile (TEST = OK)

It returned this error message:

Error 22002. RegCreateKeyEx() returned error 5, ‘Access is denied.’

What's wrong ??

• Paul,

what version of SqlServer and SP are you on?

For SqlSrv2000 you'll need Sp1 or 2.

With Kind Regards/Met vriendelijke groet

Schil

'It's never ending and never surrendering' Unida 1999

With Kind Regards/Met vriendelijke groet
    Schil
    'It's never ending and never surrendering' Unida 1999

• Is the SQL Account a local administrator? A local user?

Steve Jones

sjones@sqlservercentral.com

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/sjones

• The sql account is a DOMAIN user specially created to run the SQL Server service under Windows2000. The version of SQL is 7 sp4.

The SQL Agent runs under a local admin user.

Both accounts have Local Admin rigths.

Edited by - Paul717 on 07/17/2002 11:58:04 PM

• Here is what works for me.

Get a mail account called domain\sqlmail (insert whatever you want).

Make sure that same account has an exchange account and/or any mail server your company uses.

Have that same account be a local admin on your SQL Server that will be using SQL Mail.

Have that same account run the services for BOTH MSSQL and the SQL Server Agent.

Make sure Outlook is installed on that server.

Make sure your profile works and you can send and receive mail (with Outlook program) while logged into the SQL Server with that same account.

Then hook that profile up in the properties of SQLMail.

• I agree with what JayMorrison has said...the same things work for us...with just one addition :

Just restart MSSQL after you have configured the SQL Mail...we too had similar problems with our SQL Mail and at times(not everytime but at times) SQL Mail started working once we stopped and started SQL Server...

(this could maybe have been since we change the startup account when we configure SQL Mail and a reboot is what kicks the settings into effect ???)...

• Hi,

u can refer to this article for more info. "http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q263556" and also check ur sqlserver connection (by right clicking on sql server agent on em)

SaNaZ

• OK I'm back.

The problem is that for security reasons both SQL services 5server and agent) are running on different accounts. Perhaps that' the point. The Agent is running on a built-in local profile while I tried these solutions for the SQL Server:

- A domain account with local admin rights

-> Profile successfully tested but did'nt start

- A local admin account

-> Test the mail is OK service starts but ... It still does'nt work. The query runs for hours without giving any result.

So now, is it possible that all my troubles comes from the fact I use two different accounts for SQL Agent and SQL Server ?

• Have you tried logging onto the server using the SQLAgent service account, and using Outlook to send a mail (check it starts using the correct profile). I have recently had to setup SQL Mail on 4 identical servers 2 worked OK, 2 failed - default mail profiles were FUBAR. I am still trying to sort them out!

• I am experiencing similar problems. Have all the correct SP's in place, set up the accounts according to spec. and still I get some error message ('18025 xp_test_mapi_profiile failed with mail error 0x80040111').

Has anyone experienced this one before?

Aurora

• quote:

I am experiencing similar problems. Have all the correct SP's in place, set up the accounts according to spec. and still I get some error message ('18025 xp_test_mapi_profiile failed with mail error 0x80040111').

Has anyone experienced this one before?

I've posted my solution to the same problem on http://www.sqlservercentral.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5719&FORUM_ID=5&CAT_ID=1&Topic_Title=xp%5Fsendmail%3A+Could+not+resolve+recipient&Forum_Title=Administration

Look in the 5th post

Eva

• If you followed Jason Morrison's advise it should work. That problem happened to me when I first setting the SQL MAIL.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply