Sql Loader - oracle

• My table column type is clob. Field value contain double quotes

id,text_clob,date1

1,"\"data1\",0,1,1,1,\"data2\"","2018-03-03 09:08:45"

can you kindly help loader query. i cant use replace in clob field . Its a 20GB data so i cant do any manual replace

• gopi_annain - Tuesday, April 17, 2018 9:08 PM

My table column type is clob. Field value contain double quotes

id,text_clob,date1

can you kindly help loader query. i cant use replace in clob field . Its a 20GB data so i cant do any manual replace

An Oracle forum or Oracle's documentation would be a better place to get help on this. Oracle's documentation - you'll need to find this for whatever version of Oracle since SQL Loader has had changes with different versions:
    Loading LOB Data Using SQL*Loader

A couple of Oracle forums:
    OraFAQ
    Oracle Forums

Sue

• gopi_annain - Tuesday, April 17, 2018 9:08 PM

id,text_clob,date1

Have you considered using SSIS?  The SQL data type is either varchar(max) or nvarchar(max), where REPLACE can actually be used.   Mind you, that's gonna be ugly on 20GB for performance.    You'd better have a serious CRAP TON of RAM to even consider doing the replace..

Steve (aka sgmunson) 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Rent Servers for Income (picks and shovels strategy)

• sgmunson - Wednesday, April 18, 2018 12:16 PM

gopi_annain - Tuesday, April 17, 2018 9:08 PM

id,text_clob,date1

Have you considered using SSIS?  The SQL data type is either varchar(max) or nvarchar(max), where REPLACE can actually be used.   Mind you, that's gonna be ugly on 20GB for performance.    You'd better have a serious CRAP TON of RAM to even consider doing the replace..

I wouldn't recommend to use SSIS to load data into Oracle. The driver is extremely slow and would take hours to load the 20GB.

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • Luis Cazares - Wednesday, April 18, 2018 1:05 PM

sgmunson - Wednesday, April 18, 2018 12:16 PM

gopi_annain - Tuesday, April 17, 2018 9:08 PM

id,text_clob,date1

I wouldn't recommend to use SSIS to load data into Oracle. The driver is extremely slow and would take hours to load the 20GB.

Oh, okay... didn't know we were talking about going in the opposite direction from what I'm used to.  Not familiar with SQL Loader or what it does in any way...

Steve (aka sgmunson) 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Rent Servers for Income (picks and shovels strategy)

• sgmunson - Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:09 AM

Oh, okay... didn't know we were talking about going in the opposite direction from what I'm used to.  Not familiar with SQL Loader or what it does in any way...

It's like bcp in SQL Server but only works for importing data. It also has different format than the utilities used to export to flat files.

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply