SQL JOINS

• Where was the trick?

• Thanks for an easy one to start the week off with.

• Easy one

I have given answer by eliminating the wrong ones. First two query returns 4 and only one answer contains 4,4 so no need to check others..

Thanks

• Agree with Hugo (again), but then again I should have read the question properly and wouldn't have a red cross next to my answer. 😛

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope)
    In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• I don't see any trick ; easy one ...

adding join on duplicate values, make it like a cross product, get plenty of duplicate rows , add filter and add distinct 😛 sound like fun , proper design could overcome that though..

~ demonfox

• Danny Ocean (4/14/2013)

Good start of week.

Thanks for question.

🙂

+1

Everything is awesome!

• Nice. +1

Not all gray hairs are Dinosaurs!

• The Question was easy enough. A few people are asking whether the QOTD should be Test / Teach. To me they're the same thing. If I get a Question wrong then I've learned something. If I get it right then I've passed the Test.

The Trick questions that I don't like are those where you have to know certain default values that aren't obvious.

David

• Thanks for the question.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• I found the question easy. but definitely it was very good question and hopefully brought good understanding of joins for few. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply