SQL jobs with securityadmin permission

• I would like a allow a SQL role the ability to run SQL jobs but I do not want them to be able to create user accounts. How can I accomplish this without giving them securityadmin permissions?

• Hi,

So far i could understand your problem . it is related with executed a job using by creating a Database role. You want that the member of that role should only be able to execute the sql jobs .

If i have correctly understood your problem like i stated above.

here is your solution.

grant the SQLAgentUserRole permission to your User defined role.

This role exist in MSDB database so while creating your Role you add your role as a member in MSDB database .

But using this you will only be able to execute local jobs. if you want to execute Multi server jobs as well then pls add the role in 'SQLAgentOperatorRole ' Role under MSDB database itself.

pls. let me know if this has resolved your issue.

• I would like the users to be able to see all SQL jobs but prevent them from creating user accounts.

Even though a add the users to the SQLAgentOperator role they still can't see jobs they do not own. So I have to give the users dbo permission on the Master DB which allows them access to account information.

Thanks in advance.

• This one should help you.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188283.aspx

Thanks.

• Thank you! That helped a lot

• smitty-1088185 (6/16/2010)

I would like the users to be able to see all SQL jobs but prevent them from creating user accounts.

Even though a add the users to the SQLAgentOperator role they still can't see jobs they do not own. So I have to give the users dbo permission on the Master DB which allows them access to account information.

Thanks in advance.

You wouldn't need to grant them dbo in master. Just grant them the Operator role in msdb. That will give them the ability to see jobs and execute them. If you must go one step further, you should explore setting up a credential and proxy.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply