SQl Job running an SSIS package in 2005 server failing while trying to connect 2008R2 server

• "Access to the remote server is denied because no login-mapping exists"

This is the error message i am receiving while trying to run a sql server agent job running an SSIS package from 2005 server installed ssis package.

The ssis Package data sources are pointing to a sql 2008 R2 server.

The sql agent is running under sql server agent proxy account this is an AD account and have sa access on both the 2005 and 2008r2 server.

can some one please help me out in figuring out the issue.

When i run the the the job is throwiung this message.

Executed as user: XXX_XXDev. ...sts.". End Error Error: 2013-08-06 18:30:38.40 Code: 0xC0202009 Source: Update Lot Status Update IsOperational [2800] Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E14. An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80040E14 Description: "Access to the remote server is denied because no login-mapping exists.". End Error Error: 2013-08-06 18:30:38.40 Code: 0xC0202009 Source: Update Lot Status Update IsOperational [2800] Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E14. An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80040E14 Description: "Access to the remote server is denied because no login-mapping exists.". End Error Error: 2013-08-06 18:30:38.40 Code: 0xC0202009 Source: Update Lot Status Update IsOpera... The package execution fa... The step failed.

• Are you using any linked servers?

SQL Authentication or Windows Authentication?

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Thanks for the reply.

Finally solved the issue, The problem is with final destination table to which we are doing the inserts and updates.

There is a trigger on this destination table poiting to a third server and the proxy account i am using is not a member of the linked server and this is what creating the issue.

Lessons learned 🙂

• sandy1234 (8/7/2013)

Thanks for the reply.

Finally solved the issue, The problem is with final destination table to which we are doing the inserts and updates.

There is a trigger on this destination table poiting to a third server and the proxy account i am using is not a member of the linked server and this is what creating the issue.

Lessons learned 🙂

Good to know. 🙂

The error already indicated something about linked servers. Triggers ... can't live with em, can live without em 😀

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply