Sql Job not running

• I am trying a automate an SSIS package and its failing . When I run the package manually it works fine . The package extracts data from a view and creates a text extract .

Thanks

Error Message :

Date11/25/2009 7:16:00 AM

LogJob History (ccc)

Step ID1

Serverccccccc

Job Namevvv

Step Namedddd

Duration00:00:00

Sql Severity0

Sql Message ID0

Operator Emailed

Operator Net sent

Operator Paged

Retries Attempted0

Executed as user: NWH\SRCcluact. ...sion 9.00.4035.00 for 32-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp

1984-2005. All rights reserved. Started: 7:16:00 AM Error: 2009-11-25 07:16:00.56 Code:

0xC0011007 Source: {A981F0FD-B18E-44FE-98BC-46D2851BED05} Description: Unable to load the

package as XML because of package does not have a valid XML format. A specific XML parser error will be

posted. End Error Error: 2009-11-25 07:16:00.56 Code: 0xC0011002 Source:

{A981F0FD-B18E-44FE-98BC-46D2851BED05} Description: Failed to open package file "C:\Documents and

Settings\dddd\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\fffff\ggggg\package.dtsx" due to error

0x80070003 "The system cannot find the path specified.". This happens when loading a package and the

file cannot be opened or loaded correctly into the XML document. This can be the result of either

providing an incorrect file name was specified when ca... The package could not be f... The step

failed.

• Hello - while scheduling the package - are you storing into filesystem or MSDB?

[font="Comic Sans MS"]--
    Sabya[/font]

• In addition to Sabya's question, have you checked if the the Job is running under the context of SQL Agent and with Admin rights?

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• Under file system.The package is running on the server .

• What about the security context under which it is running ?

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• Yes under sql agent . I believe with admin rights....Want to verify about how to check if the sql agent is running this job with admin rights ?

Thanks

• Also what is the package protection level? Look it under security section in the Properties of the package.

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• [font="Comic Sans MS"]

You may also wish to have a look here :

An SSIS package does not run when you call the SSIS package from a SQL Server Agent job step.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918760

[/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]--
    Sabya[/font]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply