Event Source:SQLSERVERAGENT

Event Category:Job Engine

Event ID:208

Date:5/19/2008

Time:3:20:00 PM

User:N/A

Computer:comp02

Description:

SQL Server Scheduled Job 'OnePoint - TodayStatisticsUpdateComputersAndAlerts' (0xA884065C87E8664A9C6AC418A9B62739) - Status: Failed - Invoked on: 2008-05-19 15:20:00 - Message: The job failed. The Job was invoked by Schedule 15 (TodayStatisticsUpdateComputersAndAlerts Schedule). The last step to run was step 2 (Update Alerts).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

When i go to Management studio, SQL server agent, jobs the same job says it completed successfully. The only difference i see is schedule # is different. A SQL newbie trying to troubleshoot a monitoring app. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

• Look at the job's history to find what happened in step 2. You also could check the SQL Server log to see if anything was logged there.

Greg

• Thanks for the prompt response. According to the Job History both steps succeeded, not sure what is triggering the warning message.

Date5/19/2008 3:20:00 PM

LogJob History (OnePoint - TodayStatisticsUpdateComputersAndAlerts)

Step ID1

Servercomp02

Job NameOnePoint - TodayStatisticsUpdateComputersAndAlerts

Step NameUpdate Computers

Duration00:00:00

Sql Severity0

Sql Message ID0

Operator Emailed

Operator Net sent

Operator Paged

Retries Attempted0

Executed as user: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. The step succeeded.

Date5/19/2008 3:20:00 PM

LogJob History (OnePoint - TodayStatisticsUpdateComputersAndAlerts)

Step ID2

Servercomp02

Job NameOnePoint - TodayStatisticsUpdateComputersAndAlerts

Step NameUpdate Alerts

Duration00:00:00

Sql Severity0

Sql Message ID0

Operator Emailed

Operator Net sent

Operator Paged

Retries Attempted0

Executed as user: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. The step succeeded.

• [font="Verdana"]From the log you have given above, step2 has been executed in 00:00 seconds which looks like the job actually not executed.

You can try adding a log file to the job and execute the same. You can get more information about step2, which will be easier to analyze![/font]

• Thanks everyone for your input. After investigating more about the application and how it was set up, i found out that the database for the application was migrated from sql2000 to sql2005. When they migrated the database they forgot to remove these grooming jobs from sql2000. We have both sql2000 and sql2005 installed on the machine. The error message was getting logged by SQL2000 jobs. After cleaning them everything is fine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply