SQL Job appear to run when job has been disabled???

• what sp_update_job will do............ i m very new in sql dba please help me.... for the same.

• Please don’t hijack the thread. Post your query in new thread.

• I guess the simple answer is that whenever an enabled scheduled job with an enabled schedule is created, sql server agent evaluates the runtime schedule map such as the next run and other columns as you see in the sql server agent monitor.

When you disable a schedule for an enabled job or disable both the schedule and the job while the agent is still running, sql server agent does not seem to reevaluate the runtime schedules right away. In this case, a simple restart of the sql server agent forces the reevaluation of all the schedules for both enabled and disabled jobs and in the process eventually brings the changes into effect.

I've seen this situation a couple of times so i just created a script that identifies all jobs that were terminated while running due to the restart after the agent comes back up .. starts the terminated jobs from the terminated step and also brings the changes made to the other jobs into effect.

Makes sense?

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply