SQL Extended Procedure Functions Contain Unchecked

• SQL Extended Procedure Functions Contain Unchecked Buffers (Q319507).

We applied this patch and noticed that once it was applied a fix from SP1 for SQL which corrects the time it takes to load a database list (http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q282416) seems to be broken again.

Anyone else find this to be the case?

Neil

neil@hostmysite.com

• Not always unexpected as Security patches have a shorter test cycle than SPs. If you can reporduce this effect on another machine then definently report to Microsoft. They may not be aware and need to pull the patch before it causes harm to numerous others. The key thou is to make sure it is reporducable.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• We have a few servers that have this problem. It has been reproduced. Who do I email?

Neil

• Neil,

It depends on your support relationship with Microsoft on whom you contact.

I read the Q and it states apply the SP to clients running EM. I have installed this patch on about 35 (and growing) systems without seeing this problem. My environment is most likely different, however. Did your EM clients have SP2 loaded previously? Since SQLDMO.DLL is not part of this server patch maybe that is the client problem only or a look a like problem...

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply