SQL Express Install

• So I'm not sure whats going on but I've been trying to install SQL Server 2017 Express Basic for about 2.5 weeks with no luck, I've gone from normal uninstall in the add or remove programs(Windows), thru the regedit files and delete those. And still i get the same installation error: onfiguration file: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Setup Bootstrap\Log\20180521_184441\ConfigurationFile.ini

Detailed results: Feature: Database Engine Services Status: Failed Reason for failure: Setup was canceled for the feature. Next Step: SQL Server Setup was canceled before completing the operation. Try the setup process again.

Now this is different one from i usually get which is cannot find the configuration state file, any direction would help

• Is this on your private machine or is this in a corporate environment?

In C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Setup Bootstrap\Log there should be one folder per install attempt. The files of most interest is usually Summary.txt and Details.txt. If you upload them here, we can take a look.

[font="Times New Roman"]Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, www.sommarskog.se[/font]

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply