SQL Error: 3902, Severity: 16; State: 1

• HI.

We recenlty purchased a new software package that executes against a new sql server database. I am  using a tool called SQL Diagnostic Manager and in the processes detail screen I am seeing alot of these errors: 

SQL Error: 3902, Severity: 16; State: 1

From searching the internet I understand it means: The COMMIT TRANSACTION request has no corresponding BEGIN TRANSACTION

Should I be concerned with this?

Thank you,

Juanita

• It's not a problem, but it is a sign of poor coding. Somewhere there is a commit statement, which ends a transaction, without there being a BEGIN TRANSACTION statement. It could cause the batch to fail, so I'd track it down and have someone fix it.

• I am getting the same error code. i have placed 3 insert statements inside the transaction. the first and the third statement executes correctly individually. but when i comment the 1st and 3rd and try executing the procedure, its shows the message 3902. It shows the theres some fault with teh 2nd insert statement. i have checked all the details of the statement and seems all right to me. What can be the problem ?

• What if you execute the 2nd insert statement by itself? (not in the procedure)

You may want to post the code so that we can get the entire context.

Thanks,

John

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply