SQL DTS and Access Date/Time datatype

• I'm trying to convert an access database to SQL Server 2000. I got a (DBTYPE_DBTIMESTAMP)error.

How do I change the datatype in Access so that SQL 2000 DTS can accept the date/time type.

I'd appreciate any help.

• Can't remember if I have seen this with Access, but I have seen it with Foxpro datatype and the way round it was to change the destination column type in SQL to varchar(or similar), do the DTS, then change it back to a date. The alternative with Access is to use the upsizing wizard which should handle the date field for you, but I guess this depends on if you are also transforming the data enroute as to which way you use.

• Also, you can check if the destination date column is set to NOT NULL. So if there is a null value coming from the Access date column then you could get this error.

One other thing you may want to check is to see if there are any not date type values in your source column.

I used to get this error message when I used to import FoxPro files. I believe, My destination date type column on SQL server was set to NOT NULL. I changed it to accept NULL values and that resolved my problem.

Please test. I may be wrong.

Edited by - vstitte on 11/19/2002 11:14:31 AM

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply