SQL Configuration manager - Instance not refecting

• Hi All

I have done a fresh sql 2012 standalone installation but the instance services are not getting reflected in SQL server configuration manager

Although I can find the instance details in services.msc and also in n/w configuration of configuration manager but in the sql services tab of config manager , it is not showing .

The hide instance is unchecked when I check the protocol properties . Any other pointers which needs to be checked ?

Thanks

• Do you have mixed releases on the server? EG, 2008 & 2012?

• Make sure you're using the 2012 config manager, not the one from any previous instances installed on that server.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • No mates . That's the whole suspense .

I am opening SQL configuration manager 2012 only . able to see both the instances in SQL server network configuration but sadly only one instance is visible in SQL server services heading .

• Are you sure both instances are 2012 or below? One isn't 2014/2016 CTP?

• yes one is 2012 and the other one 2005

• Just out of interest if you run

SQLServerManager11.msc

from RUN can you see the 2012 instance?

• no

• OK, going to need screen shots of services.msc with the general properties of the services in question then as something isn't right.

• Surprisingly , it has auto fixed over the weekend although no restart of services took place ...(mixed emotions) . I can see both instance services in config management now .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply