SQL Cluster

• I am looking at a Cluster that has been built by a person that during the SQL Cluster installation he did not select all CSV's that related to the instance.  This has meant that the storage fails over independently which is not ideal.  there has been a case that two of the required volumes were located on another node which failed and as a result they simply disappears until the node could be brought back up.

Now I could i swore that we can via the FCM add the storage to a role by removing from a Cluster Shared Volume and add the storage to the role which works however the volume disappears from C:\ClusterStorage which is the mount point location.

This will means that the instance wont start if all are added to the role which is my dilemma as it cant see the volumes.

I swear i am doing something wrong.  i just need to ensure that the volumes all failover together going forward.

Any Ideas what i am doing wrong?

• You can add the other disks by adding them first to the available storage. And then add them to the CSV on the cluster.

Sue

• Hi sue,

That at is correct however the issue is that when you assign available storage to a role it no longer appears in the cluster storage as a volume that can be accessed which is my issue as if the volumes can not be accessed and I have an individual volume (mountpoint) for tempdb, log, data the instance services will not start as they don’t appear in the path  specified.

i am looking for a way to add the storage to a role and for the mount points to still be located in the path specified which in my case are c:\ClusterStorage.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply