SQL AlwaysOn install requirements

• Hi there,

What are the install requirements for SQLAlwaysOn?eg. Database Engine and ..... Some install videos on youtube have the Database Engine and SQL Server Replication selected but others only have the Database Engine selected for the install.

Can someone please advise why SQL Server Replication would be selected as some of the videos does not explain this?

Regards
    IC

• please read my stairway to alwayson at this link

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/stairway/112556/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Imke Cronje - Tuesday, July 25, 2017 5:16 AM

Hi there,

What are the install requirements for SQLAlwaysOn?eg. Database Engine and ..... Some install videos on youtube have the Database Engine and SQL Server Replication selected but others only have the Database Engine selected for the install.

Can someone please advise why SQL Server Replication would be selected as some of the videos does not explain this?

Regards
    IC

Failover Cluster Instance, or Availability Groups?   AlwaysOn isn't a thing you can install.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Standing in the gap between Consultant and ContractorKevin3NFDallasDBAs.com/BlogWhy is my SQL Log File HUGE?!?![/url]The future of the DBA role...[/url]SQL Security Model in Plain English[/url]

• SQL Server install for Availability Groups.

• replication components are not required to the best of my knowledge....what you saw was likely someone that is planning to use their AG in a transactional or merge repl scenario.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Standing in the gap between Consultant and ContractorKevin3NFDallasDBAs.com/BlogWhy is my SQL Log File HUGE?!?![/url]The future of the DBA role...[/url]SQL Security Model in Plain English[/url]

• thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply