SQL Agent won't process Cube

• Hi All

I am having trouble getting my SQL Agent job to process a cube on SQL Svr 2008.

I can run the SQL Server Analysis Services Command as myself, but has errors when run as SQL Agent.

The SQL Agent log message is as follows:

Executed as user: TECHNOT\SBSSVR$. Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Xmla.ConnectionException: A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:2383 at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Xmla.XmlaClient.GetTcpClient(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Xmla.XmlaClient.GetTcpClient(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo) at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Xmla.XmlaClient.OpenTcpConnection(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo) at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Xmla.XmlaClient.Connect(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo, Boolean beginSession) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Olap.SoapClient.Connect() at OlapEvent(SCH_STEP* pStep, SUBSYSTEM* pSubSystem, SUBSYSTEMPARAMS* pSubSystemParams, Boolean fQueryFlag). The step failed.

SQL Agent and Analysis Services are running on the same box. I have tried to allow port 2383, and have tried turning the firewall off to see if this is the issue.

(I also have issues when I try to run a SSIS package which processes the cubes.)

Any ideas on solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

• Problem solved.

Had to play around with the service accounts. and that resolved it.

• We are facing the similar issue the cube processing succeeds when processing manually by right click the cubedb->process but throws an error when we process through dynamic xmla:

Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Xmla.ConnectionException: A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:2383 at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Xmla.XmlaClient.GetTcpClient(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Xmla.XmlaClient.GetTcpClient(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo) at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Xmla.XmlaClient.OpenTcpConnection(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo) at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Xmla.XmlaClient.Connect(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo, Boolean beginSession) at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Xmla.XmlaClient.Connect(String connectionString, Boolean beginSession) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Olap.SoapClient.Connect() at OlapEvent(SCH_STEP* pStep, SUBSYSTEM* pSubSystem, SUBSYSTEMPARAMS* pSubSystemParams, Boolean fQueryFlag).

• Run a trace on the Analysis Server to see which account is accessing the cube to perform the processing.

Ensure that account has the security clearance to process the cube in the Cube Roles

Kind Regards, Will

• What did you do to fix this?

• rshepard (8/17/2011)

What did you do to fix this?

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:2383

By default, BIDS / SSDT assumes that SQL Server and SSAS are running on default local instance. In my specific case, I had installed to a local named instance, so fixing the above error involved the following:

In the solution property pages, I clicked 'Configuration Properties' and changed 'Server' from 'local' to actual '<server name>\<instance name>'.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply